INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL SAINT LUCIA PARENT COUNCIL (ISSLPC)
Our parent council is a committed group of parents and community members that are interested in advancing the education experience of the students of International School Saint Lucia. We recognize that it takes an entire community to raise our children, including:
- extended families
- Gros-Islet community members
- citizens of St. Lucia.
We believe that getting to know each other and working together will breakdown apparent boundaries, creating an inclusive and positive group that works together to take advantage of opportunities for learning and growth. You are welcome to join us at any time and in whatever way you are able. We encourage any and all interested members of our community to join our meetings and committees. If you would like to become involved with the parent council, please contact us.
- Electives and Easter Egg Hunt– was held Friday 7th April, 2017.
Football, Dodgebal, Volleyball and Origami – at the school.
Paintball- unfortunately was cancelled.
Splash Island– most popular
- “Disconnect to Reconnect” – family and friends board game event
Saturday 20th May, 2017 change time to 6pm – 9 pm…. afternoon is too hot!
*Students have posted Rules of various games on student info glass.
*Selling of raffle tickets to help with raising funds.
*Student council suggested giving random prizes to those in attendance
Assistance being offered for event
- *Advertising – Felicia Smith
- *Food and Drinks – Marie Piazza and Farida Bousquet, will contact parents to donate. (Finger foods)
- * Music – Student Council has offered to create suitable playlist and set-up sound system
- *List of folks bringing games
Ongoing Activities and Events
- Alumni– Natalie Bousquet, daughter of Farida Bousquet and past graduates will come on board to assist. More information will be shared in the upcoming days or at the next Parent Council meeting.
- 10th Year Anniversary– Suggestion of a Gala Dinner Celebration to be held during the month of September. Andrew Dhanpaul has offer for us to host the dinner at the Royaltan. Looking forward to hear your ideas on our anniversary.
Suggestion of Class Representative was mentioned; from time to time, your class teacher or the school may need your help. The best way to give that assistance is to be the representative of the class in which your child is in. We can look at class representative at our next meeting.
Suggested – Wednesday 18 May, 2017 at 6:00 pm.
Our school relies on and benefits greatly from the commitment and dedication of our parents. Sharing ideas and collaborating on issues that help ISSL continue to grow as an outstanding school on the island is always more effective with the involvement of many of our parents.
Great schools have one thing in common…aside from the high quality of teaching and a comprehensive, challenging program, they all have parents dedicated and committed to ensuring that excellence continues at their child’s school.
Please plan to attend and help us to continue to be a great school. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Yours in education,