Activities With ISSL Staff Supervision
- One on one assistance – all available Staff – Monday to Friday, 2:30pm – 3:30pm. Students are asked to confirm with appropriate staff.
- Student Activity Council (SAC)– meetings are held on Thursday with Mrs. Finch and Mrs. Michel in room 212. All elected members and room representatives are welcome to attend
- Art Club are on Mondays, Mrs. Williams welcomes students to have fun with Art in room 205
- Table Tennis- after 2:30pm. Students gr. 2-8 (no cost), Tuesday/Thursday, Coach Teddy Matthews and teacher
- Grade 9 to 12 Gym Activities – Monday, Wednesday, staff supervised, students must pre-register.
- Grade 2 to 8 Gym Activities – Friday, staff supervised, students must pre-register
- Japanese Club– Tuesdays, gr. 7 – 12, instructor is Megumi Kawaguchi and staff supervised, minimum 10 students required and must pre-register.
Parents are requested to contact the school if they want to register their child(ren) any of these activities.
Mark Your Calendar!
- Sept. 4 – School Opening and Assembly – email sent to all parents and students
- Sept. 6 – ISSL School Assembly
- Sept. 15 – Muffin/Bake Sale- Gr.1-6 Class, Literacy Project
- Sept. 15 – Student Activities Council (SAC) campaigns begins
- Sept. 20 – 8:00am. – ISSL Board Meeting
- Sept. 20 – Meet the Teacher Night– 6:30pm.- 7:30pm
- Sept. 21 – 6:30pm. Meet the ISSL Board at the Yacht Club, Informal gathering. All parents welcome.
- Sept. 22 – 10:30am- Student Activities Council Elections, fantastic speeches by all candidates. Thanks for ‘stepping-up!’ Results: President – Kaela, Vice-President – Sarah, Secretary – Troya, Treasurer – Trish, Social – Pauline, Publicity – George, Leadership Liaison – Tanaii.
- Sept. 24 – Launch of Arts and Creole Heritage Month, Vieux-Fort. All are invited to attend.
- Sept. 25 – 11:35am., rm 212- Lunch Meeting for all grade 12’s.(University, Volunteer Hours, Prefects)
- Sept. 25 – 12:20pm. – School Assembly– all welcome
- Sept. 28 – SAC Meeting (minutes)
- Sept. 28 – Breakthrough Junior Video Challenge
- Oct. – Jounen Kweyol Celebrations/Awareness Month
Jounen Kwéyòl is a day for all things creole. These are some links about some of the wonderful aspects of St. Lucian culture being celebratedMusic:https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=1Qf4RQKHjkQ (a performance by the St Lucia National Youth Choir, with traditional creole outfits!)https://folkways.si.edu/musica l-traditions-of-st-lucia-west- indies/caribbean-world/music/ album/smithsonian (album of St Lucian folk songs)Dress: http://www.stluciafolk. org/outfits/view/18 (a description of the national dress of St. Lucia)Food: http://allaboutstlucia.c om/lucian-cuisine/ (a look into St. Lucian cuisine as well as some of its history)Language: https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=ojmGtZUp8Cc (a brief report about creole in creole)
- Oct 5 – SAC meeting (minutes)
- Oct 6 – 11:55am., rm. 212, Gr. 11 Student Meeting – University Planning, Prefects, Volunteer Hours
- Oct.10 –ISSL Assembly, 8:00am.- ‘Be Proactive‘- Stephen Covey
- Oct.12 – SAC meeting (minutes)
- Oct 12 – Presenter, Mr. Damian Monrose, from Department of Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise Development and Consumer Affairs, lecture Consumer Protection, 10:30am., rm 214, Gr. 9/10
- Oct 14 – Family Beach Lime, 1pm. to 4pm., permission forms were provided. Students must be accompanied with parent/caregiver.
- Oct 16 – Gr. 11/12 9:30am trip to Folk Research Centre – Storytelling. Gr. 9/10 12:15pm trip to Folk Research Centre, Storytelling.
- Oct 17 – La Marguerite Festival 2017, Ecumenical Service at Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, 10:00am.
- Oct 18 – 7:00pm. ISSL Parent Game Night at St. Lucia Yacht Club – all welcome
- Oct 19 – Gr. 1-8 9:30am trip to Folk Research Centre, Dance/Culture
- Oct 25 – 9:30am. Gr. 1-6 Field Trip to Logo Book Fair, Casteries
- Oct 25 – 11:00am St. George University mtg with Gr. 11/12, rm 213- Mr. Colin Dowe, Associate Dean of Enrolment Planning – Parents are welcome.
- Oct 26 – Jounen Kweyol Creole Classroom Activities- presenter, Melissa Irvine
- Oct. 28- Jounen Kweyol National Day
- Nov.- Math Awareness Month – ‘Math to Stay Alive”- St. Lucia Ministry of Education
- November 1 & 2 – St. Lucia’s College Fair. Conference Room, Financial Center at Point Seraphine
- Nov. 7 to 9 – Midterm Reports, Conferences
- Nov. 10 – Remembrance Day Program, 10:30am. – all welcome
- Nov. 21 – School Assembly, 1:50pm. – ‘Put First Things First’- Stephen Covey
- Dec 5 – School Assembly, 12:30pm. – ‘Think Win / Win’- Stephen Covey
- Dec. 7 – 1:30pm. Christmas Concert/Gathering (no 6:00pm show)
- Dec 11 & 12 – Christmas Caroling – School Gathering, 1 hr each day, all welcome
- Feb. – Science Fair and Canadian Science Fair Resources and Ideas
- March – School Sports Day
- March – Francophone Activities
- April- Environment Awareness Month
- May – Reading Month
- ISSL JANUARY 2018 NEWSLETTER
- ISSL DECEMBER 2017 NEWSLETTER
- ISSL NOVEMBER 2017 NEWSLETTER
- ISSL OCTOBER 2017 NEWSLETTER