International Teaching Positions – Grades 8-12
At the International School St. Lucia (ISSL)
School Year 2016/2017
The International School St. Lucia (ISSL) is a private, non-profit, independent school offering the Ontario curriculum from grades 3 – 10 and the New Brunswick curriculum for grades 11 and 12. Since the school’s inception in 2006, it has offered international students the opportunity to experience a rich, educational environment. We are a small school of 80 students and 12 teachers with small classes and a wide variety of course options for our students.
The position listed in this posting are for the duration of 2-years. The contract period may be extended upon mutual agreement.
A valid Ontario or New Brunswick Certificate of Qualification is preferred. Certificates of Qualification from other provinces are accepted with eligibility determined through New Brunswick.Teacher certification in the subject specializations and divisions for the above positions –Required Qualifications and Commitments:
- support all students in developing a love of learning and in achieving their full potential;
- contribute effectively to the ongoing success of the school in providing high quality learning with particular attention to developing students as global learners and citizens;
- implement the Ontario and New Brunswick curriculum with respect to the grade and subjects taught by using research-informed and student-centred pedagogy;
- ensure that all students develop competencies in literacy and numeracy, creativity, excellent communication, collaboration, thinking/problem-solving skills;
- develop caring and positive relationships with students and staff;
- participate fully in the development of short and long range teaching/department plans and implement effective teaching and learning strategies(including meaningful use of technology);
- ensure that the assessment, evaluation, and reporting strategies and practices are informed and meet the standards of Ontario and New Brunswick (Canada);
- establish and contribute to an inclusive, caring and safe learning environment;
- work as a professional learning community to share effective practices, provide rich learning experiences for students and use meaningful and authentic print and digital learning resources;
- work with the school leadership team in the implementation of school improvement work; and
- inspire public confidence in ISSL by developing positive relationships with parents and the school community.
- Experience in implementing and a deep understanding of the Ontario and New Brunswick (Canadian) curriculum in the teacher’s respective teaching assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teachers, parents, administrators, and students.
- Commitment to creating a school culture that is caring, collaborative, safe, and responsive to the needs of all students.
- Open to feedback and learning.
Remuneration is based on experience and qualifications.
Review online information about ISSL by visiting: http://www.intschoolstlucia.org
Submit the following:
Your cover letter;
The names and contact information (tel. number(s). + email addresses) of three (3) professional references.
Your referees are, preferably, those who have been in a recent supervisory role to you and who can be readily contacted to provide a reference by phone/skype or email.
Submit your application online to: firstname.lastname@example.org